Preventing Structural Damage From Pests
Pests, like bugs and rodents, don't just get into your food and cause unsanitary conditions.
They can actually cause expensive structural damage as well.
Certain types of pests can damage your home and cost you a lot of money if they're not dealt with properly.
Fortunately, the pest control experts at Tabor Services can protect your home from a variety of damaging insects and rodents,
including one of the most notorious causes of home damage.
What Kind of Pests Can Cause Structural Damage?
There are a number of rodents and insects who can get into your home and cause some damage.
- Squirrels: These animals can find their way into your attic all year round, especially if you have tall trees near your home.
They'll destroy attic insulation, which can affect how your home keeps in heat or cold air.
That can cause your HVAC system to work harder to keep the whole house comfortable on hot summer days or frigid winter nights, which will cause an increase in your utility bills.
- Rats and Mice: These rodents can also damage your attic insulation, and they could chew through wood as well. In any case, you'll want to get them out quickly.
- Raccoons: Even the lovable trash panda can end up causing serious damage if it finds its way into your home. Like the rodents above, one could target attic insulation in an effort to make a comfy home for itself.
- Carpenter Ants: These insects damage insulation and remove wood to make complex tunnel systems. Just having them in your home for a little while can cause a lot of expensive damage, so it's wise to call in a pro as soon as you see them.
- Honey Bees: A hive can damage insulation and walls. Worst of all, honeybees are prey for some other animals. You don't want your home to attract other pests by offering up one of their favorite foods.
- Termites: These are among the worst offenders when it comes to pests who can cause structural damage, and our termite pest control experts should be called in quickly if you notice them.
Why Termites Are a Huge Problem
Termites chew through wood at an astounding pace. They don't sleep and eat up to five grams of wood per day, and there could be millions of termites located in nearby colonies!
They cause five billion dollars in damages each year. In many cases this ends up being more costly than the damage caused by tornadoes, fires, floods, and hurricanes put together.
It's easy for them to enter a home through outside vents, basements, and crawlspaces, and they will definitely take advantage of any gap in your home's defenses.
If you notice signs like wood damage and bubbling paints, or you see flying termites or their shed wings, you need to call in a professional right away.
Your Termite Control Team in Benton, IL
Don't try to fight back against a damaging pest like termites on your own. Call in the termite pest control
experts at Tabor Services and take care of your pest problem ASAP.
We'll help you protect your home from expensive and unnecessary damages.